The Outreach staff would like to extend many thanks to so many who have been wonderful and supportive to the Westford Senior citizen community! Especially…
- All our Fall Cleanup Volunteers who helped Westford seniors: Local scout groups, church groups, businesses and students all gave of their time to neaten folks’ yards.
- A very large thank you to the Concord Gaining Ground produce program that provided us with 6 months of free organic vegetables for low-income residents. This program would not have been possible without the Westford Housing Authority support and the dedicated weekly help of the BEST volunteers: Ed DeMarino, Mike Dyer, Norma Cassidy, Dennis and Shirley Smith, and Bill and Mary Bowser.
- Much appreciation goes out to Ken Clough for his 5th trivia event that was enjoyed by all. He keeps it new and fun every time
- And to Donna Dutton for her yummy meals every other month.
- Our most recent Live Theatre performance by the Delvena Theatre Group was so popular that we had to change the venue! We had almost twice as many people sign up than we have room for! A special thank you to the Delvena Theatre Group, Claire France, who arranges for these performances, and the Westford Cultural Council, a local agency which is supported by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, a state agency, which covers the cost. Claire would like to especially thank the group of volunteers who helped her scoop ice cream for the traditional after-show root beer floats! Francis Kosenko, Edna MacNeil, Peg Siegel, Pat Reppucci, Sandra Jewet-Ensor, and Kathy Wilson scooped and helped to make everything a lot easier! Thanks to all!
- This July, we were fortunate to have Westford resident Ragi Ramachandran bring her parents to the Cameron to see if they could participate in the programs while visiting from India. Ramachandran can be found daily at the center working out in the fitness room, participating in Zumba, chair aerobics as well as enjoying participants of the center and more. His wife, Virija enjoys shopping at Trudy’s Boutique. Recently Ramachandran and Virija recently gave a monetary donation to the center for their appreciation of the kindness felt here at the program offerings. On behalf of the Cameron staff, we want to thank all our Cameron participants and volunteers for creating a caring environment and we are very appreciative of the donation that has been given by Ramachandran and Virija.
Thank you ALL!!