The Westford Council on Aging Transportation Services are for:
- Seniors 55 or older
- Disabled individuals of any age who have completed the application process through the Lowell Regional Transit Authority (LRTA). If you have any trouble with this application process, please call us for assistance at 978-399-2322
Where do we go
We provide local van trips for medical appointments, shopping, and social events. Rides to Emerson Hospital, Nashoba Valley Medical Center, Lowell General Hospital, and other local medical offices, shops, Town Meetings, activities, and events within our operating area of Westford, Chelmsford, Littleton, Groton, Carlisle, Ayer, Acton, Concord, and Lowell. We offer weekly trips to Westford Market Basket on Tuesdays, and weekly BINGO rides on Monday and Friday.
To set up a Ride
If you need transportation for a Cameron-sponsored event, just let the front desk know when you register—there’s no need to also call Transportation!
The transportation office can be reached at 978-399-2322 or by calling the Cameron Senior Center at 978-692-5523 and asking for transportation.
- When leaving a message please be sure to leave your name, phone number, date, time and location of your appointment. We will call you back with any questions and to schedule your ride.
- We appreciate as much notice as possible so please make sure to call at least 48 hours in advance.
- Medical appointments are our priority although our accessible vans can take you anywhere within our service area, including for local errands.
- For same day changes if the transportation office cannot be reached at 978-399-2322 please call the Cameron Senior Center at 978-692-5523 and speak to the front desk.
Round Trip Service Areas and Donation Fees
- Westford: $3
- Acton, Carlisle, Chelmsford, Groton and Littleton: $6
- Ayer, Concord and Lowell: $8
General Transportation Hours
- Monday through Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM, with our last ride being at 3:30 PM.
- Evening transportation is provided for Cameron Senior Center sponsored events.
- Town meeting transportation is available.
Driver Qualifications: Westford COA drivers are CPR and first aid trained. Some have been trained in defensive driving, passenger assistance, disability awareness, assisting those with dementia, driving while distracted and advanced defensive driving.